William Byron leads Chevrolet in the Coca-Cola 600 lineup
THE CHEVROLET TEAM UNOFFICIAL TOP-20 QUALIFYING RESULTS:
5th WILLIAM BYRON, NO. 24 FREEDOM UNIVERSITY PATRIOTIC CAMARO ZL1
8th TYLER REDDICK, NO. 8 CHEDDAR’S SCRATCH KITCHEN CAMARO ZL1
9th ALEX BOWMAN, NO. 48 PATRIOTIC ALLY CAMARO ZL1
12th DANIEL SUAREZ, NO. 99 COMMSCOPE CAMARO ZL1
13 CHASE ELLIOTT, NO. 9 NAPA CAMARO ZL1
16th AUSTIN DILLON, NO. 3 BASS PRO/TRACKER CAMARO ZL1 STORES
20th JUSTIN HALEY, NO. 31 LEAF FILTER CAMARO ZL1 GUTTER PROTECTION
TOP FIVE UNOFFICIAL QUALIFYING RESULTS:
1st Denny Hamlin (Toyota)
2nd Kurt Busch (Toyota)
3rd Christopher Bell (Toyota)
4th Kyle Busch (Toyota)
5th William Byron (Chevrolet)
· Group A Qualifying – First Lap: Alex Bowman led Chevrolet to the third-fastest lap of the first lap of qualifying, moving his #48 Ally Patriotic Camaro ZL1 team into the final lap of qualifying.
· Group B qualifying – Round 1: William Byron, #24 Liberty University Camaro ZL1, finished third; and Tyler Reddick, Cheddar’s No. 8 Scratch Kitchen Camaro ZL1, rounded out the top five on the first lap to advance to the final qualifying round.
· Final Lap: After a final single-lap race for the fastest 10 cars, William Byron led Chevrolet in the speed standings, securing a fifth-place start for tomorrow’s Coca-Cola 600. Tyler Reddick qualified eighth and Alex Bowman qualified ninth to complete Team Chevy’s top 10, giving Chevrolet three Camaro ZL1s in the starting lineup’s top 10.
· Kyle Larson, No. 5 HendrickCars.com Camaro ZL1, did not record a qualifying time due to bodily damage sustained in Group A practice after recording the fastest lap of the session.
· FOX will air the NASCAR Cup Series Coca-Cola 600 at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 29. Live coverage can also be found on PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90.