The all-new 2023 Chevrolet Colorado takes midsize trucks to the next level
SELECTABLE RIDING MODES
To support the new Colorado’s increased off-road and towing capabilities, up to five selectable drive modes, depending on the model, are offered. Each is suited to different driving conditions, and they are accessed using a button on the center console, to the left of the gear selector. The five drive modes include:
- Normal: A balanced mode for daily on-road driving
- Towing/hauling: Transmission shift points, throttle response and additional calibrations optimized for towing and hauling
- Off road: specific traction characteristics and other dynamic performance characteristics designed for general off-road driving
- Ground: Designed for low-speed crawling, with specific throttle control, braking performance and other calibrations, with three settings
- Low: Developed for high-speed desert racing, with specific throttle control, shifting, and other body/transmission control calibrations.
Enhanced Driver Awareness Technologies
Colorado’s technologies also include an enhanced list of safety and driver awareness features. Standard Chevy Safety Assist2 package includes Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Following Distance Indicator and IntelliBeam® automatic high beam assist.
Features available for all models include Blind Zone Steering Assist2Rear cross-traffic braking2Adaptive cruise control2HD Surround Vision and Rear Pedestrian Alert2.
New and improved technologies
Colorado’s new 11.3-inch-diagonal infotainment screen is the gateway to innovative new technologies designed to make the driving experience more enjoyable and intuitive, especially when towing or off-road driving. road. Highlights include:
- Customizable and configurable screens with higher resolution than previous models
- Google Built-In available first in the segment2 to access maps, music, vehicle functions and more
- All-New Off-Road Performance Display: An available app that helps drivers monitor their off-road performance in real time with different readouts for Overlanding (altitude and GPS guidance), Terrain (pitch, roll and tire pressure) and Baja (g – force, wheel slip indicator and transfer case status) driving situations
- More camera views than any competitor in its class, with up to 10 camera views2 accessible on the infotainment screen – including a segment-first underbody camera available on the Z71 and ZR2.
Colorado’s camera technologies are also part of a suite of towing technologies4 pioneer on the Silverado. Hitch guidance2 is now standard, while Hitch View2 and Chevy’s towing app5 are new for 2023. Hitch Guidance offers a guideline to help align the trailer and hitch, and Hitch View provides a magnified view of the hitch to help with alignment with the coupler.
The towing app is designed to help drivers with all stages of towing, from hitching up to on-road assistance and even responding to potential hazards. Features can be accessed from the built-in infotainment app or via smartphone.
Coming early 2023
Production of the 2023 Chevrolet Colorado begins in the first half of 2023 at the General Motors Assembly Plant in Wentzville, Missouri. Pricing and additional details will be released closer to the start of production.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is today one of the world’s largest automotive brands, available in nearly 80 countries with nearly 2.7 million cars and trucks sold in 2021. Chevrolet models include vehicles electric and fuel-efficient that deliver engaging performance, heart-pounding design, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. For more information on Chevrolet models, go to www.chevrolet.com.
1Functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone, plus USB connectivity for some devices.
2Safety or driver assistance features do not replace the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle safely. The driver should remain alert to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle owner’s manual for more important information and feature limitations.
4Before buying a vehicle or using it for towing, carefully read the Towing section of the owner’s manual. The weight of passengers, cargo, and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
5Available on select Apple and Android devices. Service availability, features, and functionality vary by vehicle, device, and plan you are enrolled in. Conditions apply. Device data connection required. See onstar.com for details and limitations.