Auto Industry Ranks Second Despite Supply Chain Challenges in MBLM’s Brand Privacy COVID Study
NEW YORK, 20 October 2021 / PRNewswire / – The automobile industry ranked n Â° 2 out of the 10 industries presented in the MBLM 2021 COVID Brand Privacy Study, a study of brands based on emotional connections during the pandemic. MBLM (pronounced Emblem) uses emotional science to create and manage more intimate brands. Toyota is the number one car brand, up from the fifth position before the pandemic, followed by Harley-Davidson and BMW respectively. Brand intimacy is the emotional science behind the connections we form with the brands we use and love.
Although the industry has faced manufacturing and supply chain challenges related to COVID, Brand Intimacy’s performance has increased an average of 5% since before the pandemic. The other brands that complete the top 10 are Chevrolet, Ford, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Jeep, Tesla and Audi respectively.
âAuto brands continue to be among the best performers when it comes to brand privacy,â said Mario natarelli, Managing Partner, MBLM. âConsumers closely identify with their car brands and the essential role they play in our lives. Along with supply shortages, this year we have seen a 47% increase in the number of consumers willing to pay 20% or more for automotive products, underscoring the important connection we have with these brands. COVID has intensified our emotional connection with automotive brands, and we expect the industry to continue to thrive as it strives to improve operations and manufacturing. “
Other notable findings from the auto industry in the United States include:
- The U.S. auto industry had an average brand privacy quotient of 48.4, well above the cross-industry average of 38.2
- Harley-Davidson, BMW and Honda all showed improvement, while Chevrolet, Ford and Mercedes-Benz all declined
- The industry’s âcan’t live withoutâ metric, based on a 10-point scale that determines how essential a brand is to our lives, has increased 87% since our 2020 study
- Harley-Davidson is the top ranked automotive brand for which consumers are willing to pay 20% more, with 25% of all users willing to pay
- Automotive Ranked # 1 of All Industries for Highest Percentage of Users in Sharing and Linking, Early and Middle Stages of Brand Privacy
- Industry does better with men than women, and with consumers over 35 than under
MBLM has also analyzed the industry in a item titled “Driving the Ultimate Brand Relationships”. The article explains how brands have faced the pandemic and how their messages have varied from 2020 to 2021.
To view automotive industry results, please click here. In addition, MBLM offers personalized offers Dashboards provide complete data for the brands included in its COVID Brand Privacy To study. To download the main COVID Brand Privacy Study report or explore the rankings, click here.
About MBLM: MBLM invented Brand Intimacy, the emotional science behind the brands we use and love. For our clients, we deliver expertise and value through our agency information, services and software offerings.
With offices in five countries, our multidisciplinary teams invent, transform and promote brands for companies of all kinds. We offer marketing that creates stronger emotional bonds with stakeholders. These bonds create better performance and long-term returns. To learn more about how we can help you build and maintain ultimate brand relationships, visit mblm.com.
CONTACT: JULIE STRICKLAND, 212-805-3062, [emailÂ protected]